Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another Ultrasound

Thursday we went to see our doctor. Jen is measuring a week small around her tummy, well, the doctor measured a week small, the intern measured 3 weeks (I think) small. So I asked if that would be something we should be concerned about and the doctor said no, but they're going to do another ultrasound to make sure everything is going okay.

Earlier in the pregnancy, during our first ultrasound, we were told the baby was small and that, according to one doctor, it was likely she had down's syndrome.

Very scary, and even though we didn't want to, we subjected to the testing and things. Our doctor said that it wasn't even a remote possibility and couldn't understand why that doctor would say that. We couldn't either.

I didn't like that doctor, either. He was a jerk about it. His exact words were, "Either you're off on your due date, or your baby how's Down's Syndrome."

Thanks doc.

I can appreciate the bluntness, but a little bit of bedside manner would have went a long way in that situation. Especially since it's my baby, you know?

Anyway, we're going for a second ultrasound. I'm sure everything's fine, because last night she was kicking pretty good. And this morning it looked like she was trying to poke her head through Jennifer's belly-button.

It was funny. I told Jen, "Maybe she's trying to stand up?"

We had a good laugh. It was like a scene from one of the "Alien" movies.

We've prayed about this next ultrasound, and even though I'm sure nothing is wrong, there is still that small seed of doubt.

But even if there is something wrong, nothing is going to change the fact that this is my baby girl, and I'm going to be more than a proud father. No matter what.

Unless we find out the earlier ultrasound was off, and she's a he.

That would change things somewhat.