Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Looking Forward

Today I enjoyed a free Grand Slam from Denny's. It was good, but something prior to my meal occurred that made me laugh and look ahead to the possibilities of my own child's randomness... let me explain.

I stood in line next to two families, both with two little boys about the age of 4. One family decided to take a "rain check" voucher and leave, to return another time and enjoy their food. As this family walked out, the boy from the other family said, "Goodbye other kid!" to his new friend.

Maybe that just translates as a "had to have been there" story, but those of is standing there had a good chuckle. When I told Jen this story she simply replied, "Our kid is going to say random things."

I agreed. Especially if she's anything like either of her parents.