Monday, November 23, 2015

Too Much Emotion!

Yesterday, I received two texts within a minute of each other.

One was from my sister, Keshia, and the other from my wife.  Keshia was texting me about a dream she had while my wife was asking if I'd read the text from my sister.

"Not yet, I'm in a meeting," I texted back to my wife.  Then read the text from my sibling.

"Last night I had a dream that mom [who died over ten years ago] was rocking a baby boy in a rocking chair, and I asked her whose baby that was. She said, 'It's Jeffrey and Jennifer's boy..."

I was thought that was a weird dream, and texted my wife my thoughts. She replied, "Well, the first thing I thought of was the baby we lost [in 2012]."

I didn't know what to say to that. I just put my hand down, slipping my phone back into my pocket and pretending to listen to my manager drone on about Black Friday or something.

My phone buzzed again.

Text from my wife.

"At least your mom has one grandchild with her in Heaven now."

I replied, "OMG STOP! I DON'T WANT TO START CRYING AT WORK!"

"Sorry," she sent back.

I mean, how are you supposed to react to something like that?