Friday, June 18, 2010

Our First Sickness

The fifteen year old in me really wanted to make the title, "Diarrhea-cha-cha-cha," but some people wouldn't get the reference and others would think I'm just being gross.

Oh well.

All that being said, Evelyn has missed her last two days of daycare with diarrhea. Sick.

It has been our first real experience of having a sick baby in the home. I have to say, it is much different.

She was filling diapers as fast as I could change them on Tuesday, but by the time Jen got home, everything had passed. Right as I was getting ready to take her to daycare on Wednesday, she exploded another diaper and I stayed home from work with her.

I know its only the "runs," but it is very frustrating to know your kid isn't feeling well (She was more fussy than normal, most likely due to her stomach being upset) and there's really nothing you can do about it.

I called the doctor's office and was told not to panic, but to just wait and see if she gets worse then bring her in.

That's not fair, Nurse Somebody, because you really can't put a definition with worse. She pooped once so far, if she does it twice more is that worse? If the next one stinks more than this one did, is that worse? If this one was orange and the next one is yellow, is that worse?

Seriously, what am I supposed to do with that information?

So we sat down and watched cartoons, the two of us, and I believe it passed. She's still a little fussy, but things are looking up.

That makes the score us 1, disease 0.