Monday, July 5, 2010

What to write?

Somedays, I just don't know what to type here.

I didn't even put in an entry on Friday, since it was a holiday weekend. It took me all of today to even decide what to put in now.

To be honest, I just had some really deep thoughts that I had typed out - an entire blog, actually - then highlighted them and pushed "Delete."

One day I'm going to blink my eyes and my daughter will be old enough to read. I'll close them again, only for a moment, and she'll be eighteen and old enough to understand most of what this blog is about. I'll blink once more and she'll have a family of her own and I'll be printing this off for her to read.

So I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I don't put a lot of thought into these entries. Most of the things I put, I want my children (not just Evelyn, although she's all we have now) to read and say, "Wow, Dad..."

This is not one of those times.

This is one of those, "AH BOOGA BOOGA NONSENSE WORDS" times.

You know... the kind of entries where I just type something funny my daughter did and our silly responses.

For instance, yesterday Evelyn had her first conversation. Jennifer said, "Hi, Evie." Evelyn responded with "Loulla lou loo."

"Really?" my wife asked.

"Aheeha hoo," was the response. Then she just started sticking her tongue out making the "Loulla lou loo" sounds again.

It was adorable.

The dog likes to lick her face. This is gross and personally I don't like that he does it. Evelyn just seems indifferent.

I hope when she reads this she gets angry that her mother lets him do this and calls to chew her out. Just because I can be spiteful sometimes and this is one of those times.

Anyway, this is the end of today's entry. Maybe in a few days I'll have something deep and/or humorous to share.

We'll see.