Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Slide

This will be a short blog. Just a heads up.

Evelyn and I went to the park today. Not the big park we went to previously, but a small little park here on the grounds of our apartment complex. I was looking forward to it since I thought it'd be a great idea on Wednesday night.

Of course it was a great idea. It spawned in my brain and made it through all my "Could this be a dumb idea" filters.

I've spent years putting those in place, by the way.

We got up this morning, had breakfast/brunch, and I gave Evie a bath - something I really don't like doing simply because I don't think I'm good at it. I got her dressed, put on some nice Nike shoes my sister gave Evie, and we headed over.

Now, she's still struggling to walk, but she did okay hanging onto my pants leg (shorts leg? is that a thing? I was wearing shorts...), and walking behind while I walked slowly to the park.

Dad got impatient. I picked her up and we took off.

Yesterday, the statement would have been, "My daughter does not like the slide." Today? Evie did not like the slide, until I forced her to go down it a few times by herself. The entire shock of "Holy cow! I pushed myself down that big plastic yellow thing by myself!" was worth it. She wanted to go down it a few more times before she got bored.

She started eyeing the big tube slide made for third graders, and that was when I decided it was time to go home.

The end.

I warned you. Short blog.