Thursday, March 8, 2012

Favorite Foods

Evelyn loves eating. I'm sure she gets that from me. Today I made her a homemade pizza roll-up. I don't know if that's what its official term would be, and I realize I'm not Chef Ramsey whippin' up anything original.

All I did was take some shredded mozzarella cheese, a few turkey pepperoni slices, and wrapped it all up in a wheat tortilla, then stuck it in a microwave for about 25 seconds, and re-wrapped it all so that nothing could fall out.

She loved it.

It got me to thinking of some of her other favorite foods. The roll-up today was inspired by the cheese roll-ups at Taco Bell, which she loves (as established by a previous blog). Happy meals are okay, but not the chicken nuggets so much as the fries. She likes a hamburger, but not the beef part.

When we were eating Chinese every Friday, the chicken nuggets there were her favorite, until I introduced her to the sugary donuts. Then it was game over, next restaurant, because she's not eating anything until she gets her little cake.

Subway, it appears, also has a favorite dish for my daughter, but its not whatever you buy her. She wants to eat my sandwich or my wife's. The chips and the salsa at On the Border are some of her favorite things in the world. Which surprises me because that stuff is hot.

I could go on and on, because as I said, she has a lot of favorite foods.