Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ketchup Hair

I'm not sure about my daughter's eating habits. Is it because she seriously doesn't know how to keep her hair out of her food, or because she struggles to keep her food out of her hair?

Here's what I'm talking about: I give her something that has ketchup and ketchup will inevitably end up in her hair. If I give her a peanut butter sandwich - with very light peanut butter, mind you - that peanut butter will coat pigtails by the time she's done eating.

I would understand if she had a mustache. Who has a mustache and doesn't get food in their facial hair? Or a bear? I mean, I get that. I can relate to that.

But no. No facial hair. No mustache, no beard, no goatee, not even sideburns. Which, I guess is a good thing considering she's almost two years old and a girl. I mean, I know girls who have facial hair and life is cruel to them - as are fellow students in their school (guilty of being mean to those girls myself in my younger years... or last week).

I digress.

We've tried everything from putting her hair into a pony-tail, pig tails, pulling back her bangs, and everything else except shaving her head.

So the solution, at least for today, is to just not use ketchup.

Except, I gave her bananas and now they're in her bangs.