Thursday, January 26, 2012

Favorites #1: The First Post

Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to post some of my favorite entries, for those of you who maybe haven't read my blog or just recently picked up reading it. It is also a way to help me gather up some good material for future posts.

So for now, here's entry number one in my "Greatest Hits" I guess.

The First Post

I have decided to journal what I believe is about to become the greatest experience of my life:

Parenthood.

My wife and I are expecting our baby about two months from now. We've been told it will be a girl. We'd be happy if it was a boy or a girl, but this has certainly made the process of coming up with a name much easier.

It took us months to agree on a boy's name, then when we finally had decided on the one we liked, we got the news that the baby will be a girl. So, again, we toiled with our books of baby names and finally came to the decision. If the baby is born a girl, she will be named Evelyn Grace.

I'm very excited.

Of course, Jennifer is stressed and her body is doing all sorts of crazy things that I don't think she believed were possible. Like the trips to the bathroom every fifteen minutes. She's incredibly excited, though. I she's equally elated at the thought of no longer being pregnant.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize how much work went in to preparing for a baby. I am, of course, talking about the putting together of furniture like changing tables, bassinets, cribs, strollers, etc. Not to mention the new clothes my wife is going through or all the doctor visits. Definitely did not count on all the expenses being as high as it is.

Baby business must be good business. Thank God for our family and friends who have blessed us with the gifts we received at a recent baby shower. Our church family is having another baby shower for us, too. We really have been blessed in this entire pre-baby period.

Anyway, we're looking forward to this addition to our family, and I am looking forward journaling it all so that when our offspring are in our shoes, I can simply say, "Hey, check out this link." And they can laugh at their crazy old man's rantings.