Thursday, May 10, 2012

Strange Habits

My daughter has, as long as she's been alive, had the weirdest infatuation with wet wipes. I don't know what causes it, but every morning when I go to get her from her room - she's usually already awake - I find that she has taken as many wet wipes from their container as possible and scattered them about her room.

Sometimes she just takes them, cleans up her hands and face with them, as if she just finished eating a bag of Doritos, and tosses them in the trash. Not this morning.

I walked in to find about thirty different wet wipes all across the floor. They were not organized in any particular order, just scattered. Evie just laid in the corner, talking to herself and sucking her thumb and pretending she had no idea how those wet wipes escaped their plastic prison.

Another new thing is where she takes charge of an empty box as if it were her new favorite toy. Except, she doesn't treat it like a toy. She crawls inside it like a house cat that just discovered a random paper bag.

I'm not sure where these strange habits are coming from. Its not the extent of them, to be sure, but I'm not sure what to do with the rather odd habit of pulling her shirt up and playing her tummy like a drum. Did she learn that from my dad somehow? I mean, what is that even about?

I've come to the conclusion that sometimes, kids are just weird. That's what makes them fun.

Well, that, and pranking them...