Thursday, May 24, 2012

Taste in Music

Recently, while watching Yo Gabba Gabba! my daughter discovered a band. At the age of two, she has a favorite band.

I think at the age of two, my favorite song was "Walking Talking Catfish" - which no amount of google searching has been able to find but I swear to you that song existed and was awesome. So if anyone has that on cd I would love a copy... just saying... for Evie, not for me.

Seriously, not for me. Awesome song, though.

Anyway, my kid has a new favorite band. I'm actually going to post the link RIGHT HERE.

I subsequently downloaded about 4 of their albums. Now I have a new favorite band, too, and we listen to them on the way to the daycare.

Its a change of pace from my normal taste in music.

I used to think my mom was crazy for wanting to listen to all the kids beats songs, and swore I'd never be that parent. You know, the parent who jams out to Kids Bopz or whatever they're called. Those cheesy kids singing top 40 songs, or trying to sing hip Christian music or whatever.

The Aquabats saved my day.

I don't care. Laugh at me if you want. They're fun, they're something I can enjoy with my kid, they aren't dirty or crude (at least I haven't found something like that yet - still have a couple of their albums to go).

Yes, I still want her to listen to that good ol' wholesome TobyMac and Newsboys, and we do still listen to those (its called a playlist), but something fun is always nice to throw in. She dances in the middle of the floor to the tunes and we have a laugh.

So yeah, that's our taste in music, I guess.

Of course, I'm not endorsing the Aquabats for you and your kid, but they're worth checking out. They beat that purple dinosaur, anyway. And like I said, they may end up being trash, but for now we're enjoying them.