Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cinnamon Toast

One time, when I was little, my mom decided to make me some cinnamon toast. Not the cereal, but just simple cinnamon toast. Here's the easy recipe:

One piece of bread, toasted
Spread butter on the piece of toast
Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over the toast
Eat

Simple.

Except this one time, my mom accidentally grabbed the chili powder, which looks a lot like cinnamon but tastes a lot like something I don't want to eat on buttery toast. I'd rather have it in my chili where it belongs.

It did not taste good at all. Since that day, I don't think I've had cinnamon toast. It just never really occurred to me to ask for it again. I'd eaten the cereal a hundred times, but never really had the real deal.

Today I made my daughter some cinnamon toast, and double checked to make sure it wasn't chili powder. She loves it. So, I'm pretty sure it'll be something she'll have on a regular basis.

So that's my story of cinnamon toast.

The end.