Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ten Things I Learn Over the Weekend

Sometimes I don't know what to blog about. When I get like that, you get a blog like this.

This past weekend Evie and I went on a trip together without Jen. Here's a list of ten things I learned:

1. I do not envy single parents. Just having to haul a suitcase around while pushing a stroller is annoyingly difficult. Especially when your stroller has a rogue wheel.

2. My kid is more awesome than I ever could have realized. She's also more durable. After falling and bumping her head a couple of times, she only cried a little and kept going.

3. A two year old has batteries that never die out. Even around bed time, she was still trying to keep me up. We shared a room together and the next few points have more to do with this.

4. My kid likes to jump on a bed and say "Bouncy." While I'm still sleeping. Which is not funny until later when you're more awake.

5. Kids mimic what you do. When I would brush my teeth, there was a small shadow brushing hers. When I put deodorant on, she insisted I put some on her, too. So I kept the lid on and rubbed it in her armpits, something she seemed to enjoy.

6. "Adventure Time" will put my child into a trance where she just watches the show and behaves. Its like an automatic BEHAVE button. Love that show.

7. I miss having my wife around when she's not there.

8. Having breakfast with a kid is fine. Just don't bother getting her ready to start her day until after she's had her food. Otherwise, you'll be getting her ready twice.

9. I just need one more to make this list a top ten?

10. When your kid starts grunting like she is about to poop, she is about to poop. Prepare for all possible outcomes. Fast.

And that's the end of today's blog.